Tuesday, January 10, 2012

El Camino


The Black Keys have certainly been around for a while, but it seems like you hear about them everywhere. Just the other night, as I was watching the Bruin's game, I heard one of their tunes before a puck drop and on two commercials within an hour's time. Not bad. 

It's exciting to witness the evolution and growth of groups like The BK's. With their Bluesy Rock approach to music, I get a California vibe when listening to their music and would consider them the Led Zeppelin of our time. The BK's tunes have a way of moving in and unpacking their suitcases quickly! Their sound has a Jolly and Pop feel but jams like a 70's rock album.

When I first picked up El Camino, I couldn't wait to listen while on my commute to Connecticut for the holidays. I had read some awesome reviews and heard great feedback from friends who had already experienced it's greatness. I had read Pitchfork's review which certainly stimulated my interest in the BK's again.

When I listen to an Album for the first time, it usually consists of the following steps: 1- If I know a rad tune on the album, I listen to it first. 2- Starting with track 1, I do a preview of each song until I hit the end of the album. 3- Listen from start to finish.

With mediocre album's, I usually do not have the patience to sit through a song I do not enjoy, so I go to the next track. However, with El Camino, I have to say that I love everything that I am hearing. But, If I had to narrow down my favorite tracks, here it goes: Lonely Boy, Dead and Gone, Gold on the Ceiling, Little Black Submarine, Money Maker, Hell of a Season and Stop Stop.

My advice- buy this album, play it from start to finish, and jam out to it's contents! Oh, and while you're at it... pick up a couple of tickets to their upcoming show at TD Bank Garden.



-Dave


No comments:

Post a Comment